Thursday, October 21, 2010

Date night...overdue

Les offered to babysit so we took her up on it before Erik headed to Guadalajara for a month. It was so nice to get out just the two of us....it seemed like it had been FOREVER! We went to Downtown Chandler Steak house.....the food wasn't so good, but we had great conversation. I LOVE these special nights;)

AND...even better Erik surprised me with a beautiful card...

You and I are connected
in a way that goes
beyond romance, beyond friendship,
beyond what we've ever had before.
It has defied time, distance,
and changes in ourselves
and in our lives.
And it has defied
every explanation except one-
purely and simply,
we're soul mates.
I can't explain it. I just feel it.
It's in the way my spirit lifts
whenever we talk,
how the sound of your voice
brings me home in a way
I can't explain.
It's in the way we laugh
at exactly the same things
and how just a look
can mean so much.
When I'm with you,
it's like a tiny part of the universe
shifts into the place
it's supposed to be,
and all is right with the world.
These things, and so many more,
have made me understand
that this once-in-a-lifetime
forever connection
that could only exist
between you and me...
an amazing gift of happiness
for all our lives.
This card says so many things so well.
You and me, in a nutshell.
I love you, and I can't wait to meet
our next kiddo.
We have an awesome family.
I am so lucky, I could go on forever
because we're awesome.
Love ya babe,
Me
P.S..Pretty excited about the next step....New York...it will be awesome!
Yep, without a doubt I have the most amazing husband a girl could ever ask for!

No comments:

Post a Comment