Sunday, May 1, 2011

Saying goodbye...again

Erik left today back to Guadalajara for his last month before graduation. Of course, I cried 2 times this morning before we even go to the airport to drop him off. It just bums me out big time when he leaves....just not the same around here when daddy's gone. I feel bad because as much as I try to hide it when we say good-bye I just can't stop the tears from flowing and today Halle started crying too. Poor baby. As soon as I looked back and saw her sad face I quickly dried up my tears and tried to reassure that it would go by quickly and daddy would be back soon. I asked them what would be a fun thing for us to do today? The mall, of course....always takes our mind off daddy being gone, for a little bit.

While we were at the mall Erik called and said that he could get bumped and might not be leaving until 6PM. Yeah! We could spend the day with him! As much as I hated the thought of saying good-bye again, I know us and anymore time we could have together we would take advantage of. He called back just as we were leaving and said "come get me.".....off we went back to the airport.

We picked him up and headed over to Mill Ave. to grab some lunch. It was such a beautiful day today, so somewhere with a patio was a must. Erik suggested Big Fat Greek, sounded delicious to me! We enjoyed an awesome lunch and even better we were together on this gorgeous sunday afternoon. After lunch we had some time so we decided to walk around. We ended up at the beach park where they were having a Greek Festival. So fun! Why don't we do this stuff more often? Costa and I went on the ferris wheel and Halle and Costa went on the "Gogogator" roller coaster. We had to talk Halle into going on the ride, telling her over and over that she would have fun. Little stinker! She finally agreed and of course wanted to go again! The kids enjoyed a "baklava" sundae while Erik and I enjoyed a nice cold brewski. SO thankful for USAIRWAYS giving us a $350 voucher, but even better a little more time together before he leaves for a month! I'm so sad I didn't have my camera to take some pictures...bummer. I wasn't expecting such a sad day to turn into a super fun day! We love you babe....see you in a month!

No comments:

Post a Comment