Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Dear baby boy...


Dear baby boy,

Well, we went for our 18 week ultrasound last week and it's confirmed: YOU'RE DEFINITELY A BOY! And, we couldn't be more excited! Grandma Dottie, Uncle Luke, your sister Halle and brother Costa were all there in the room to see you move around and make sure you are growing just as you're supposed to be! We missed daddy at this ultrasound but he's in Guadalajara back at school. They told us everything looks great! Your heartbeat this time was 146. Looks like you are going to be a big baby like your brother and sis...already weighing in at 10 oz. and are measuring 3 days bigger than your due date. Maybe you'll be a Christmas baby? Costa, Halle and Uncle Luke were in awe of watching you. Halle and Costa can't wait to meet you and hold you. They ask me all the time when you're going to come out. They are always kissing my belly and saying hi to you. They are always saying..."Mom, you want that because your baby wants to eat it." Too funny. Halle told daddy on the phone "Our baby is definitely a boy daddy!" It's such a miracle, an amazing beautiful thing to see you growing inside of me! We feel so blessed to be having another baby. We have started to think of names....it's going to be a tough one! You are already a strong little boy like your big brother Costa because I have felt you move since exactly 16 weeks. And now, at almost 20 weeks your movements are already much stronger. I get to see daddy tomorrow and maybe you will show him your moves so he can feel you from the outside. I feel great! I haven't had any morning sickness since about 10 weeks...thank you God...it's no fun feeling sick all the time! I still get tired during the day but I haven't really been taking naps. Much more energy 2nd trimester! I am still working out but have managed to gain 18 lbs so far! You like sugar, preferably twizzlers...just like me...can't help it. We treat ourselves daily!



We still have 5 more months until you are ready to make your grand entrance into this world! We can't wait, but we want you to stay in there and grow so you can be born strong and healthy. This pregnancy is by far my quickest (sometimes I actually forget I'm pregnant!)....already 20 weeks this friday! Since this is most likely my very last pregnancy, I want to enjoy each and every moment I have with you so stay in there as long as you like......

Love,
Mommy

3 comments:

  1. What the heck??? I totally left you a comment on this post awhile ago. Where did it go??????Did you not ever receive it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome, Lex! He's going to be so CUTE and so LOVED! You look great - I do NOT believe you've gained weight like you say you have. Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwwwwwww you look sooooooo adorable!!!! that little belly is way too cute!!

    ReplyDelete