Sunday, August 8, 2010

Missing daddy

BOY are we ever! Tomorrow will be four weeks since we've seen him. Halle and Costa are such troopers....as they get older I see how much harder it is for them to be away from their daddy. It breaks my heart. In the mean time, I'm pregnant and don't have much patience. I feel like a horrible mom right now. I miss him TOO! I see my kids sad faces and whiney voices and it puts me over the top! I see Costa throw himself down on the ground when I say no to him and I get SO frustrated. I keep asking my mom..."are they ever going to be normal again?" "Where did my happy kids go?" Our parents are all so amazing for letting us stay with them for so long and don't get me wrong, I do love being in arizona, after awhile I just get overwhelmed and stressed and need my own space. And I know they do too! I'm sure it's not easy having people stay with you for long periods of time. They do handle it well, though....thanks guys! I need my kids to have their own space....their own rooms, and beds. I can't wait for our family to be together again, together and happy.

So on a happy note.....Erik got signed off on friday! Which means.......we are going to be living in arizona for the next ten months!!! I couldn't be happier! We've looked forward to this time since we moved to mexico! I can't believe it's here already. I have been an absolute stress case with figuring out schools for the kids but I finally got it all taken care of and they start this week. I had Halle enrolled in a great Charter school, but then last minute last week we heard that Gilbert Elementary is offering a dual language program for first graders! YEAH! Erik and I are so excited for her to continue her spanish at least one more year. It's going to be different for Cost this year, only going to school three days a week instead of five! And, he won't be with his sis:( I do get a great feeling about the school he will be going to and feel it will be a great place for him. We have been so blessed to have had the opportunity to live in mexico and have our kids experience an all spanish school. I can't believe it's coming to an end.......I leave for Guadalajara this thursday to pack up our house and bring my husband home. So many mixed emotions. We knew this time was going to come, it just seems super sudden. It's definitely going to be hard to say good-bye to Guad, the family we've gotten to know and all the wonderful friends we've made living there. I trust that God has a plan for us and am truly looking forward to the next chapter in our journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment