Monday, November 29, 2010

EXTRA special Thanksgiving

This year was an EXTRA special Thanksgiving for us! The kids and I were so excited to go pick daddy up at the airport Thanksgiving morning after not seeing him for a month. We missed him terribly!!!


Along with being a special Thanksgiving for us, it was also a little bit different. For the last 30 years of my life, my moms side of the family has had Thanksgiving dinner at my Grandma and Poppie Miller's house. This year, GG decided to hand it over to my sis Lynz to have at her house. SO weird...good, just weird! You know how much I love tradition, this just seemed so different to me. I know it's so much work for GG and Poppie, it's time for them to be able to relax and hand the work over to somebody else...they deserve this! Guess it's time for new traditions. It was crazy to me that Lynz and I were in charge of the turkeys....you should have seen us rubbing them and stuffing them...hilarious! We had so much fun! Lynz had delegated jobs to everybody that was coming, which also made things much easier. The kids were super excited about the gigantic bouncer they rented for the day! Lynz and Mark were great hosts for their first Thanksgiving dinner and it turned out really beautiful! Our family is so blessed and has SO much to be thankful for!!!

We ALSO missed Papa and Grandma Contreras' dinner at their house because they were in Virginia with Jeff and Anissa's family. We are really looking forward to celebrating Thanksgiving with them next year when we live on the east coast!









1 comment:

  1. You and I are very alike about our traditions!HA!Sounds like fun though!

    ReplyDelete