Wednesday, September 7, 2011

New city, new school


First day of Kindergarden

First day of Second Grade



The day is here.....first day of school;) 2nd grade for Halle and KINDERGARDEN for Costa. I can't believe it! We have all been anticipating this day for awhile now! We have had a lot of fun, and it's been an exciting summer moving to the big city... but the kids and I were ALL very ready for school to start. I'm just so used to having my routine and having them home 24/7 for 4 months straight is a LONG time. I love my babies more than anything, but mommy was starting to go a little stir crazy in this little 2 bedroom apartment, and I think they were too. I'm very happy with the decision to send them to Holy Name of Jesus, a Catholic School, although it was pretty stressful up until last week, figuring out it if is was going to work out or not. Luckily, they have an angel of a principal, Mr. D'Angelo and it all worked out and I feel it's the best thing for them. Halle's pretty excited to make her First Holy Communion and Reconciliation this year!

They were so excited, so cute. Another new school! SO much excitement, but lots of nerves too! I asked Halle if she was nervous on the way, she looked at me kinda funny and then a few seconds later she said..."yeah, I guess I am kinda nervous mom, my tummy feels funny." I told her it's normal, sweetie, don't worry. Mommy's kinda nervous too! It's hard to be the new kid, again. My sweet girl, she is so strong. No nerves for my Co (at least he didn't show any;), just lots of excitement to meet some new friends!

When we got to school it was pouring rain, and we had no idea where to go. It was madness with all the kids, teachers and parents trying to get where they needed to be. A teacher almost bumped into me and asked me what grades the kids were. She quickly grabbed Halle and said "I'll take her where she needs to go"....and then directed me where to take Costa. It was so quick and chaotic, I didn't even get to kiss her good-bye. I took Co to his classroom to check it out. We immediately found his desk and he was pretty excited. Shortly after, Costa's teacher came walking in with some of his classmates. I knew I had to get back to Halle and say good-bye. I felt comfortable that Cost was good, so I kissed him and told him to have a great day! I found Halle's classroom, and she got a big smile when she saw me walk in. Her teacher was actually running late due to the weather, so I hung out with her for a few minutes. When it was time to say bye she got a little sad:( I was strong this time! (Last year I was a total wreck! Must have been those pregnant hormones) I gave her a big hug and a kiss and told her she was going to have a great day and meet lots of nice people. Her teacher was super cute and very loving so I knew she'd be ok. My poor Hallers, I hate to see her sad! I prayed her day would be good...

When I picked them up they were ALL smiles! Halle's teacher said she was fine after I left. YEAH! Good day for everybody! Phew!

The night before school started, we did our toast and CHEERED to the new school year with some sparkling grape juice! A little tradition I started last year;)


No comments:

Post a Comment