Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Oktoberfest


Erik and I finally got a "day" date in the city without the kiddos. Erik was super excited about this German bar he had heard about and their Oktoberfest. After we took the train, the subway, then waited over an hour to sit down at the restaurant we were finally enjoying ourselves! The beer mugs were gigantic, my husband was in Heaven;) The german food was amazing, too. It was our first time trying spatzle, a noodle dish. We tried some other things but I have no idea what they were called;) It was a beautiful fall day so we opted to sit on the patio.....it was so nice but we were missing out on the big party that was taking place inside the bar! Every time I went in to go to the bathroom I got a peak of the band and the crowd going crazy, dancing on the bar (literally). Everyone that worked there was speaking German also. SO much fun! Adam, Marguerite and Nader came to have a beer with us. My good friend Brianna from high school now lives in New Jersey so she came to hang out with her husband, Curt and her parents were in town too. Fun to catch up with them!




No comments:

Post a Comment