Sunday, May 2, 2010

May 2, 2010...We are so blessed

So many emotions today! First off, we celebrated our 7th wedding anniversary today! 7 years ago today, I married my best friend and soul mate, what a lucky girl I am! I LOVE you so much babe and absolutely love our life we have together.......you are amazing. I love you more and more each day and can't wait to see what God has in store for us for the years to come.....

We started off today with a favorite treat......Erik got up and went to get us some starbucks....a venti 2 pump white mocha....yum. Love him. We haven't been going as much on the weekends, trying to save money so this truly was a treat. As we were getting ready for church the doorbell rang.....a guy with a huge bouquet of beautiful flowers.......Erik said..."Someone is here for you babe"......WOW! So gorgeous! I LOVE today!

Sooooooo after church I told Erik we should stop on our way home and get a pregnancy test:) He just smiled......He was starving so I dropped him and the kids off at home and ran to the pharmacy to grab one.......

A brief little story:
We started talking about the idea of a third one a few months ago.......we both had been pretty content with Halle and Costa....but I think we both felt as though we were missing something. We knew anytime before now wouldn't have been the right time, with Eriks school and all the traveling, etc. Everytime we started to talk about it, the conversation always ended with.....I don't know. It's a hard decision when you have a 2 perfect beautiful kids, one of each sex. And life is SO easy now! Did we really want to throw another one in the mix? So, back in january while we were home we decided to have my IUD removed.....and basically let God decide for us. I was having some complications from it as well, and it just seemed like the right thing to do. We were really trying to wait until after June because Erik and I are supposed to be going to a wedding in New York by ourselves....without the kiddos...I wanted to feel good and be cute and be able to enjoy drinks with my hubby....I told Erik~maybe it could be a baby-moon for us? Well, God had other plans and apparently this is the right time......and we couldn't be happier!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The pregnancy test was POSITIVE within seconds! I went into the kitchen and handed it to Erik..."Happy anniversary babe!"

We were so excited we called and told both our families right away.......I think total shock and excitement came over both of us! Halle and Costa didn't know what to think.....but by last night they both were kissing my tummy already! SO cute. We had plans for a baby-sitter last night to go to dinner by ourselves, but we decided it was a day to celebrate as a family and ended up going to have pizza:)

We are 4 weeks pregnant and our baby will be here around January 7, 2011! We should know by July if we will be back in the states or if the baby will be born in mexico. 2011 will be a VERY exciting year for us with Erik's graduation as well! We are so BLESSED!

3 comments:

  1. CONGRATS!!!!I am so excited for you guys. Don't know why I was totally shocked when I first heard the news, but I couldn't believe it. I am so happy for you. The new edition will be a blast. It will be so great for Halle and Costa to be a little bit older so they can help you out. Perfect! Okay, so you'll have this babe already by the time we come to visit you in New york next year, right? Just wanted to make sure you'll be ready to drink by then:)SOOOOO Happy for you both! Can't wait to see what it's going to be....You better keep me posted!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwwwwwwwww........ I'm totally crying!! I get so emotional over stuff like this. CONGRATS CONGRATS!!!! I totally know what you mean by "something" missing from your family. I didn't feel completeness until I had Paisley. I think we all just "know." I'm so happy for you guys and I can't wait to keep up with your pregnancy through your blog. So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you SO much girls!!!!!!!!!!!! We are very excited!!!!!!! It's crazy, all of a sudden I know we were meant to have 3:) God always knows, just gotta trust him;)
    Bri~we won't be living in NY until July of next year~2011....so baby will be about 6 months:) I will TOTALLY be ready to have drinks with you guys.....that is, unless you are prego by then;)Can't wait to see you when we get home, and Pam we should all have a bbq at Bri's or something(if that's ok with you bri, I'm just planning parties at your house!!!:)....I would love to see you and your little fam:)
    p.s.........I miss BOTH of your blogs....I haven't seen any stories lately!!!!!
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete