Thursday, April 22, 2010

California love Part II

Monday we headed back to San Diego for another wonderful week of vacation. We were SO exhausted from all the excitement from the previous week we really just wanted to relax.
One day Erik and I took the kids to mission to walk around.......we got breakfast, walked the pier, flew a kite and ended up touring the USS Midway Museum. It was pretty cool to see all the different military planes and what they were used for. We always see this big naval ship everytime we come to San Diego and this time we thought what the heck? Let's check it out. Our kids are getting to the ages where it's fun to do that stuff. Afterwards, we went next door to the Fish Market for some yummy clam chowder.















One night we took Uncle Dirk and Aunt D out to dinner at the Fishery. We wanted to do something nice for them for all the wonderful things they did for us and for letting us stay with them for so long! It was a wonderful night with amazing food, wine and company! Thanks again for everything Aunt D and Uncle D:)




Kayla LOVES to bake!!! She gave up sweets for lent so after she was baking up a storm!!! Halle was in heaven!

Aunt D and Kayla took us to their favorite sushi joint. It was super good. Afterwards, I got my first tour of their grocery store, Stump's Market. SO nice!.....Oh, how I MISS american grocery stores!

Erik and I went took the kids to the outlet mall the day before we left. I really wanted this Coach clutch purse that Aunt D and the girls had.....they got it for $35 bucks and I just had to have one! My hubby was so sweet to take me there to get one! And, our little Hallers got her first Coach....just a small wristlet wallet,it's so adorable. It was 75% off the original price and was only $20 and she had $10 from Uncle Sal, so she paid for half of it. She was SO proud! I told her I'll be borrowing it;)

Our last night we didn't really feel like hitting the town but we really wanted to see Matt, Kelli and Uncle Dean. Also, Kelli had come to Aunt D's three times already to see us, it was our turn to come to her! Uncle Dean and Matt just moved into an amazing apartment in downtown San Diego and I had heard all about it, my curiosity was peaked.......and, WOW the place is breathtaking..... what a view! After we hung out at their place for awhile we were all starving so Kelli, Matt, Erik and I went to eat at this place that Kelli loves called Wine Steals......they had some really good pizza. It was really great just talking with Kelli and Matt, my cousins and catching up on life! FABULOUS ending for our vacation!!!

The view





1 comment:

  1. Oh Lex it all looks and sounds amazing!!I bet you had a blast!Can't wait to see you guys in June!!!

    ReplyDelete