Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Better late than never...

This is a picture of us 2 years ago at Erik's white coat ceremony

I know I should have been blogging for the last 2 yrs of living here in Mexico.....Erik started one when we first got here but we didn't keep it up! Shame on us!!! It's crazy you know, but better late than never, verdad?(right?) We have had an amazing opportunity to come live in Guadalajara, Mexico so Erik can study to become an MD. And trust me, I was very scared and hesitant about moving our family to a different country, but I am SO thankful for the experience and wouldn't change a thing. It has been quite the adventure the last 2 years, and time has flown by~we are already in our 3rd year! Erik is passed the hardest part of becoming a Dr.~passing the USMLE STEP 1.....I am the proudest wife in the world! The kids are both in school as well and the spanish is continuing to flow, such a gift for our little ones! Hopefully they will be able to keep it up when we return to the states. As for me, I'm feeling a little awkward with both kids in school, but I'm trying to make good use of my time! I'm learning spanish, but feel like I might need a litte more so I may take a spanish class to learn as much as I can while I'm here. I have so much free time for the first time in 5 yrs!!!!! Maybe it's time for another baby?!?!? LOL..... We feel so blessed by our opportunity and we truly are making the most of it on our journey with our little family. We have met so many beautiful people, friendships that will last a lifetime! We have had so many amazing adventures so far living here and I wish we had the details blogged but I will try to make up for it now by being a faithful blogger:) Here goes.......

p.s.....thanks to our parents and Bri for being my "inspiration" xoxo

4 comments:

  1. I love it! I am so proud of you for getting started!! It looks awesome. You did great. I promise it will be super easy now. You should start your list on the side of blogs you follow, that way you can get in and out of them just by clicking it. I'll show you if you are confused. Love it!!! Good Job Lex!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so proud of you and your beautiful family. It is so scary to keep moving to unknown places. I couldn't imagine moving out of the country! It's so importanto to have a strong family core like we all do!! I hope to meet your beautiful kids and handsome husband one of these days! Great job Erik passing those tough test. Keep it up. Both Brandon and I wish the best for you both! Love ya, Tianna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lexie, this is so beautiful...not only do I love sharing your journey but I also think about what a beautiful diary you are creating for Halle and Costa...remember when we used to scrapbook? LOL!!! We have come a long way! I am so proud of you...your life so beautifully reflects who you are...also so proud of Erik for following his heart in more ways than one! He is going to be an amazing doctor. Will he deal with us old folk? LOL?!?! Keep having fun and learning. I love your assimilation of Erik's culture...your children's culture. Roots are important. So happy to see that you are planting your own!!! Love you guys, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lexie, this is awesome! You all look so happy and I'm so proud of you guys! What an amazing adventure.. one that will stay with you for a lifetime full of wonderful memories! The kids are so grown up and cuter than EVER!! I miss you all so much! :) Big hugs!!

    ReplyDelete