Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Costume contest winner

We have a winner! Today was Halle and Costa's halloween costume party for their school. Halle was Arial and Costa was spiderman, and Halle won!!! There was only 4 winners for the school and she was one of them. This is a pretty big deal because they go all out for costumes here in mexico, which is funny because they don't really celebrate halloween, they celebrate Dia de la Muerte (Day of the dead) on November 1st. The last 2 years I've gone and seen some pretty outrageous costumes! They are all so creative and beautifully made~Last year Halle was in dance here in mexico and her class wore the mermaid costumes, so I figured this would be perfect for halloween, all we needed was an Arial wig and tiara~perfect! Each class got up and modeled their costumes and then the parents and the teachers voted on the winners. The kids all ate pizza and they also got to break 4 huge pinantas! Lots of fun...

Decorations for Dia de la Muerte


Arial taking her walk

The costume contest winners
Mommy and Arial
Spidey with his buddies
Arial with her buddies
Arial and Spiderman


















































2 comments:

  1. I'm totally loving your blog Lexie!! I'm so intrigued by your life in Mexico. It's so much fun to see all that goes on there. It's nothing like I imagined. Looks like your Halloween was fun. Isn't it funny how boys that age all LOVE superheroes? My boys love to dress up as superheroes to play around the house. Halle looks gorgeous as Ariel! Her costume is amazing. I have to ask... What is the girl standing next to Halle dressed up as?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too cute Lex. I love Halle's costume.I want to know what that girl is too???LOL!

    ReplyDelete