Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Christmas Eve 2009



It has always worked out perfectly with our families for Christmas because Contreras' like to celebrate and make a big prime rib and crab legs on Christmas Eve and my Grandparents like to make a big prime rib dinner on Christmas day. Gotta love eating prime rib 2 days in a row.......eating like kings and queens! We LOVE it! Spending time with the ones we love most!

Each year we try to coordinate going to mass on christmas eve with all of BOTH our families~which usually works out pretty well and everybody goes to the children's mass at St. Anne's. After mass, Erik and I head over to my grandparents house with the kids to have a bite of taco soup and light our candles. My Grandma and Poppie started a tradition when their kids were in high school.....on Christmas eve each kid lights a candle and says a prayer. They have a table set up special for all the candles, and they're coordinated with each family. So beautiful! And she also makes delicious taco soup! They have kept the tradition going and now there are SO many candles.....I honestly don't know how many, but the family just keeps growing with everybody getting married and having babies! I think this is an awesome tradition and may even have to start it in our family when our kids get older! Thanks Grandma and Poppie for being such ROCKS for our family and for all your beautiful traditions.

After this, we head back over to Papa and Grandma Contreras' house for some fabulous prime rib and crab leg dinner....and of course gift opening! We look forward to this tradition also. Thanks dad and mom Contreras:) Sitting down all together for a beautiful dinner! Erik made the prime rib this year, and of course it was FABULOUS! Erik and I bought some nice bottles of wine for dinner so we were all sipping on the wine and just enjoying being in each others company. I LOVE Christmas!!!

After a bit, we decided to migrate towards the christmas tree to enjoy watching the kids open presents. The kids are waiting ever so
PATIENTLY for the adults to give the OK to start! As adults, we so easily forget the EAGERNESS of being a child and just wanting to open~Christmas is here and they don't want to wait ANY longer! It was really cute because I asked Halle and Costa what they wanted to get each other for Christmas this year. I figured they were both at good ages to feel excited about "giving" and not just "receiving." They were both so cute and so excited about this! Halle told me she wanted to get Costa a remote control car and Costa said he wanted to get Halle a princess tiara~lucky for me I found a remote control car at walmart for $10 (that broke that night...which was not so "lucky"....but it worked out because he got an even better one from Grandpa Tom:) and a perfect three musketeers tiara that could be a mask also for Halle that she would absolutely LOVE! I was SO excited! I brought the presents home and had each of them wrap their presents to each other. So on Christmas eve, the first gift that both of them wanted to open was the one from each other! It was so much fun! I'm so happy I did this!

The family has grown so much, and the kids are getting so big~Christmas eve just gets funner and funner...(we did miss AJ, though!!!!!) ...after all, the kiddos are what it's all about!










No comments:

Post a Comment