Thursday, January 14, 2010

Nutcracker ballet 2009

The Nutcracker....I absolutely love this ballet. I was so excited this year when my grandma came to me and told me she wanted to take Halle and I, my sisters, mom, Luke, Libby, Justyce and Elliana to see it! What a nice thing! Thanks GG! This is something I have dreamed about taking Halle to see and starting a christmas tradition to take her to it each year. It's so fun to see all the little girls dressed up fancy to go to a ballet! This ballet brings back SO many wonderful memories for me from mine and my sisters dancing years. Lindsey was actually the ballerina in our family, she was amazing and had a real talent for it so my mom put her into a prestige ballet school in Spokane. She auditioned and danced in the Nutcracker a few years in a row....I also auditioned one year and played a part as a soldier. I remember when Lynz was cast the part as the naughty boy! She was SO mad because she didn't want to have to dress up as a boy....although she sure did make a cute one....haha~love you Lynz! We had SO much fun dancing back then, we absolutely LOVED it. Thanks to our mom for giving us that gift! She sacrificed and did everything she could to make the dream of dancing come true for us! We love you mom, we will always cherish those dancing memories!!!

We had such a fun night out.......after the ballet we went to The Old Spaghetti Factory downtown phoenix. This too, is a tradition my mom started. They have one in Spokane and she used to take us there every thursday night because my dad worked nights when we were little. It was our special night out with mom:) I hope I can carry on traditions with my kids the same way my mom has done.......it's the little things, that you really remember and treasure!
A fabulous night.......Thanks again GG~you're the best:) P.S......we missed Libby! She ended up having to go to Spokane to visit her dad:( Next year Zip!!!!!!


Hallers and Grandma Dottie

Mom, me, Les and GG at Spaghetti Factory~we missed Lynz she already left

Elliana, Justyce, Halle and Luke on the sleigh at Spaghetti Factory

1 comment:

  1. So cute Lex!! what a great tradition to start! I may have to steal this idea from you:)

    ReplyDelete