Tuesday, January 19, 2010

The Smith's UGLY Christmas sweater party

To celebrate their brand new house, my sister Lesleigh and her husband Alex threw an "UGLY" christmas sweater party. It was hilarious to see what everybody came up with! The story of my sweater is kinda funny........Erik and I had gone to goodwill and savers for some ugly sweaters with no luck. Well, apparently these parties are big hits during christmas time because we couldnt' find ANYTHING. We were staying at mom and dad Contreras' house during that time so mom knew what we were up to. We kept asking her...."don't you know anybody that has ugly sweaters we can borrow?" Well, come to find out she was totally holding out on us! Erik went to her closet to check out if her or dad had anything AND what do you know? She had one that I could wear!!!!!!!!! We were like...."mom, why are you holding out on us?".....she said "I'm going to kick your guys' butts!" (a little phrase we like to say in the Contreras fam).....she said "This is NOT UGLY!!!!" It was TOO FUNNY! So I was good to go with my sweater unless we found something else......now we just needed to figure out what Erik was going to wear.

The next night mom and dad Contreras went to dinner with some of the uncles and aunts and Auntie Dorothy was wearing an
UGLY sweater (or so mom thought!) She said....."Hey Dorothy you by any chance gonna be wearing that sweater tomorrow night?"......Dorothy said..."No, why?"....."Because Erik and Lexie have an UGLY christmas sweater party to go to tomorrow night and that would be PERFECT for Lex." She was like....."UGLY?" "This isn't UGLY!!!!" Mom said......"It will be perfect!" And it was! Not only was it a sweater....it was a VEST!!! Even better! So I ended up with Auntie Dorothy's sweater~Thanks so much!

For Erik's we ended up getting a plain green sweater from my Grandpa's closet and I went to Jo-Anns fabric store and got some tacky christmas pattern....cut it into a christmas tree shape and glued it on...oh, and added some red, green and gold sparkly cotton ball things for ornaments on the tree!.....needless to say it turned out
PRETTY UGLY! Thanks Poppie for the sweater! Oh, and we both wore these REALLY "hot" turtle necks under our sweaters. I was feeling real cute! haha ...It was a fun night with everybody and I'm glad they did the ugly theme~it was different and everybody had lots of fun with it..........CONGRATS Alex and Les on the house! It's BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!




2 comments:

  1. This party looked like so much fun! I'm bummed we missed it:(

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAA!!! I'm totally cracking up. I felt guilty for asking my mom for her "ugly" sweater. the funny thing is-- she wore it on christmas and she thinks it's so beautiful (shoulder pads and all)!!

    ReplyDelete