Wednesday, November 18, 2009

BaCkYaRdIGaNs

This last monday was ANOTHER holiday here in mexico, this time it was for the Dia de la Revolucion Mexicana~so Erik and the kiddos didn't have school. This is like the 4th holiday we've had since school started.....GEEZ louise, Mexicans sure do LOVE their holidays!!!! ........I love my kids dearly and our weekend time together, but they get pretty antsy and are usually ready to go back to school on mondays ~they LOVE school! I must say, though.....they were SO awesome entertaining themselves sunday AND monday! Erik called them our little "backyardigans"......SO funny, they were in the backyard for HOURS using their imaginations and having all kids of little adventures and didn't complain at ALL that they were bored! We LOVED it! They were cleaning my outside table and chairs and making a swimming pool for Halle's ponies......they did get a little carried away with the water and were SOAKED at one point, but Erik and I decided they're having fun so we let them be:)
Sunday night Erik and Halle, he calls her his "little chef"....made us spaghetti dinner and my was it delicious! It's so cute to see Halle get excited to help her daddy cook. This is something he started with her when she was probably 2 years old! It's SO special.......I LOVE it! He's so patient and really tries to teach her all about cooking. She told me..."Mommy.... I made these noodles ALL by myself!" SO proud~
We ended the weekend by making a "fort", and watching the movie UP. The kids get SO excited to make a fort with their daddy~he's the PROFESSIONAL fort maker:) I love these special things that he does with them to make memories!










1 comment:

  1. I have to laugh Lexie! We had some friends over Sunday and my kids had been outside ALL weekend. One of the kids that was here started singing the Backyardigans song and it made me think, "I need to do a post about the boys playing outside and title it 'Backyardigans'." Wow that's scary, isn't it?!
    I love the fact that they're outside in their dress-up clothes. That happens a lot in this familia too! :)

    ReplyDelete