Saturday, November 7, 2009

No Scrooge for us...

Erik came to me saturday morning and expressed his interest in going golfing with the guys...he hasn't golfed at all here in mexico because all the courses are "private" and you have to be a member. But, he found a course that's about 30 minutes away in a little town called Lake Chapala. Of course, I really look forward to hanging out together as a family on the weekends now that he's not studying as much...but I knew I had to be a nice wife and let him go have fun with the guys! I knew he would have fun and needed it:)

I had an idea for the kids and I...I called my friend Yari and asked her if her and her son wanted to join us to go see Disney's new movie, A Christmas Carol....they had it in english(total plus since all the kids movies are always in spanish) and it was in 3D....sounds fun, right? Also, it was at the brand new mall, and the movie theatre is gorgeous! All the seats are VIP~2 leather recliners together, so awesome! They have a FULL menu and the waiters come to your seat and take your order...I thought the kids would think this is SO cool:) I always wonder why they don't have VIP in the states? One of my most FAVORITE things about mexico~

So we get all situated in our seats, and order our popcorn and nachos:) Everything is going great, we got our 3D glasses on and we're ready! The kids are content and excited for the movie to start...they did OK until the ghost! Just as Yari was going to check to see if we could get our money back, or a credit... Costa FREAKED out!!! He got hysterical and was SO scared! Then Halle got scared and started to cry a little bit......so here I am trying to get the popcorn, drinks, purses and gather up 3 scared kids to get the heck out of there! Craziness! I had to tell Costa to cover his eyes because it just kept gettting scarier! Poor little guy! I felt TERRIBLE.....bad mom! Who would have thought a Disney movie would be so scary? We even asked the guy who sold us the tickets and he said it wasn't scary? He said..."no, not all"... Whatever dude.....

So we got movie credit and thought of a plan B...they didn't have any other kids movies playing so we decided to take the kids to the play area in the mall for a little bit. Halle and Gabriel rode the boats and Costi rode the train.....they were happy campers:) They kept talking about the "scary" christmas movie...I was like...Oh, great they're going to have nightmares! Let's hope not!!! After the mall we went to our favorite restaurant, savora......SO yummy!

So all in all, a fun day out with Yari and Gabriel~even though we didn't see a movie....Erik had fun golfing~he WON, so he was excited:)

P.S............BIG day! Halle wore PIGTAILS for the first time in almost a year since she cut her hair herself....we were pretty EXCITED, we took some pictures:)

The kids in the movie theatre


Costa tried the boats, but was a little scared and had to get out, he opted to watch:)


Gabriel on his boat ride


The Christmas tree at the mall




































































2 comments:

  1. Good thing you told me I was going to take Sage to see that. I love halle's hair! It fits in pig tails now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad to know that. I was all excited to take my kids too. Thanks for sharing!!

    I would have never thought Mexico would be so VIP like that. NICE!! They need to teach Mr. Harkins a few things here.

    ReplyDelete