Wednesday, November 4, 2009

TrUnK or TrEaT

We have really enjoyed learning the culture of mexico, but when it comes to certain holidays and american traditions having a group of american friends here is a definite PLUS! My wives club puts on a "trunk or treat" each year. Mexicans don't celebrate the traditional "trick or treating" of halloween, so we all get together and decorate the trunks of our cars and have a "trick or trunk"....the kids love it!! We get a big "brincolin"(jumper) and a "taquiza"(catered taco stand) and everybody brings desserts, one big FIESTA:) It's so much fun!
Of course, Erik and I weren't going to dress up.....but at the last minute he tells the kids...."I'm dresssing up...my costume is a surprise"...I should know this about him by now being married almost 7 years! He NEVER seems into halloween until the day of! Which leads me scurrying around trying to think of something! Next year I will be prepared:) ..SOOOOOO that leaves me to think of something REALLY last minute! I looked online at last minute costume ideas and decided to go with a "hippie".....
Oh, and Halle won "best dressed girl"!!!! She was excited, once again!


All the kids!

Halle and Superwoman(Kirtland)

Spidey, Hector and Payne

Yari and the kiddos


The rocker family with Arial and Spiderman


Best dressed girl award




































No comments:

Post a Comment