Tuesday, November 10, 2009

New love for sundays...

I think sunday is my new favorite day of the week:) The last two years Erik has had to pretty much study ALL day sundays because he had tests mondays! I used to DREAD sundays because I knew I had to take the kids to church all by myself and then spend the day alone, with out my husband. Sundays are a FAMILY day.....it was hard to get through the last 2 yrs, but it's ALL worth it now! SO proud of US for getting through it, we're 1/2 way there! We now wake up on sundays and have coffee together, get ready for church(he's been with me every sunday this semester, SUCH a happy girl....thanks babe:) and then we either come home and make homemade strawberry waffles or go out to breakfast~this last sunday was actually our church's fundraiser, so after church we bought some sweets and let the kids jump on the brinoclin(jumper) for a little bit. Erik and I visited with a little old lady we have met through church, her name is Loretta....she's so sweet. It was fun to talk with her and hear a little bit of her story. Our church has an english mass, so a lot of the people that attend that service are from the states. EVERYBODY has a story as to why they live in mexico!
The rest of the day we went grocery shopping and then we were kinda lazy......Lately on sundays we've been trying to get creative with dinners and make something GOOD we've never made before.....so we explore recipes online and find things that look yummy! My husband is an AMAZING cook, and this is one of our favorite things to do together:) I really enjoy this time with him~this last sunday we decided to make stuffed flor de calabazas and he made a steak and potato soup that was SO delicious!

I love you babe....and am SO thankful for this time we have to spend together:)








3 comments:

  1. I totally get it Lexie! My hubs isn't one to cook with me in the kitchen very often (although he cleans it GREAT!!). But last weekend we made salsa together and it was so nice doing something I enjoy with him. You're going to need to pass some recipes our way. It looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so funny~I'm the cleaner and he's the chef:)I will totally share recipes, the flor de calabaza are SO yummy~I'm pretty sure you can find the flowers in the states(maybe at sprouts or trader joes?), we actually learned how to make them from our friend Marguerite that is in school with Erik, she's from Italy......they are stuffed with goat cheese, tossed in a batter and then fried:) Not the best for you, but SUCH a treat..it was my first time making them and they turned out pretty good! ..and then the steak soup is SO easy, and the kids loved it too!!!!!!! I will post these recipes with the blog:)

    ReplyDelete