Friday, November 13, 2009

Excelente report card

Halle and Costa brought their report cards home the other day and Haller's had ALL excelentes(the best you can get) and ONLY one muy bien:) Erik and I were so PROUD of her! She has done so well with an ALL spanish school, she has never once has complained about the language! I couldn't believe it when we moved here, I mean she was only 3 but STILL....she knew NO spanish and was put into a school where none of the kids know any english~and ALL cartoons were in spanish too! I remember our first year living here and one of the little girls in her class kept asking her for her fruit roll up during lunch......I told her "tell her that her mommy can buy them at Costco here"....and Halle said "But I don't know how to say that in spanish mom!" Too funny....we figured it out and she was able to go back to school and tell her friend where her mom can buy fruit roll ups! My has she come a LONG way~NOW she starts singing songs in english and then will switch it to spanish! As for Costi, he did pretty good too:) Pretty much all muy biens and 1 bien.....he's so different than Halle (but then again, he's a BOY and they are SO different)! He's 3 and the language thing has bothered him much more.....he gets REALLY frustrated when he can't communicate.....We should have had Halle talking to him the last 2 yrs in spanish so he would have been more prepared....he's doing much better now since he's been in school almost 3 months now, and is starting to understand and speak more spanish~sometimes I think it's SO crazy that we live in a different country and my kids go to an ALL spanish school, it feels like a dream, not real.....so weird! I know it's such a GREAT opportunity and adventure and I am so blessed to have found such a great school so close to our house that I feel comfortable with to send my kids to:) Thank you GOD!

Halle and Costa~I am SO proud of BOTH of you for how well you have done! XOXO ~mom



No comments:

Post a Comment